TIPS was founded in 2007 by Dr. Mark Murray with the vision of providing quality hospitalist care for patients in a physician friendly environment. His goal was to build a team of physicians that would provide continuity and longevity in the hospitals that we serve and the community in general. This superior model results in a cohesive relationship with not only the patient but also the hospital administration and hospital medical staff. This model is one reason we have enjoyed phenomenal growth since 2007.
Physician owned and operated, we understand the challenges and opportunities inherent in managing a busy hospital practice. High quality patient care is our top priority, handled in a productive, compassionate and cost-effective manner. We strive to create an environment that leaves a lasting positive impression on our patients.
Mark Murray, M.D.
Founder and CEO of TIPS
Dr. Mark Murray, certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, founded Total InPatient Services (TIPS) on February 16, 2007. With over 16 years of medical experience, Dr. Murray is dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive medical care to hospitalized patients.
Dr. Murray attended the world renowned Loma Linda University Medical School in Loma Linda, California and completed his residency at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, TX. He is a member of the American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society and Society of Hospitalist Medicine.
Over the course of his professional career, he has received several prestigious awards
- March 2010 – Voted “Most Respectful Physician” at Methodist Sugar Land Hospital.
- 2010 – Elected “Chief of Staff Elect” at OakBend Medical Center, Richmond, Texas for 2010
- 2008 – Voted “Physician of the Year” at OakBend Medical Center
- 2004 – Voted “Best Emergency Medicine Physician” in Fort Bend County according to the “Reader’s Choice” awards of the Fort Bend Sun newspaper
He currently serves on numerous hospital committees in order to provide coordination of high quality inpatient care.
Dr. Murray has also appeared in various local newspapers because of his other passion which is medical mission work to impoverished countries. He has traveled to the Dominican Republic, Peru, Guatemala and Chile.
Dr. Murray has been involved in the following volunteer organizations:
- Board Member of “Fort Bend Senior Citizens” – an organization devoted to providing meals and other services to seniors that are unable to leave their homes.
- Maranatha International – Organizer of medical mission trips.
- Community outreach – organizer of health fairs and a frequent health education speaker.